Goreuon Canu Gwerin Newydd / The Best of New Welsh Folk Music
This compilation reflects the scope and vitality of the Welsh Folk Revival at the end of the 20th Century.
As the 90’s draw us towards the new millennium, Wales has witnessed a new wave of activity in the field of folk music, as a generation of young musicians have directed their talents to explore the wealth of traditional songs and dance tunes they have inherited from the past.
This compilation includes tracks by some of the artists who were responsible for the first major folk resurgence in the 70’s and 80’s, – Ar Log, Plethyn, Dafydd Iwan, Aberjaber and Calennig, but most of the tracks are by singers and musicians who have carried the work of the pioneers into new territories and who are central to the vibrant folk scene we see in Wales today.
- Y Gôg Lwydlas - Siân James
- Hyd y Frwynen / Rhuad Teirw'r Dyffryn - Saith Rhyfeddod
- Os Ymadael - Bob Delyn
- Fflat Huw Puw - Gwerinos
- Cefn Du / Ymdeithgan Gwyr Dyfi / Y Derwydd - Gwerinos
- Adar Mân y Mynydd
- Jig Pultague / Gyrru'r Byd O'Mlaen / Neidio Twm Bach / Taflwn yr Hosan - Ogam
- Môn a Menai - Pigyn Clust
- Hoffter Menna / Ffair y Borth - Pigyn Clust
- Taith Madoc - Aberjaber
- Y March Glas - Cusan Tân
- Jigolo / Harri Morgan - Ar Log
- Seidir Ddoe - Plethyn
- Cariad Fach Tirderi - John Rodge
- Ysbryd y Werin / Mae'r Ddaear yn Glasu - Carreg Lafar
- Marwnad yr Ehedydd / Ymdaith Gwyr Dyfnaint - Branwen
- Suo Gân / Y Gelynnen / Llantony Abbey - Calennig
- Fe Drawodd yn fy Meddwl - Dafydd Iwan