Jac-y-Do - Bant â'r Cart
Folk and dance music by the lively Rhydaman based group.
The group formed in October 1987, and has been one of Wales’ foremost folk bands for over ten years, and this is their third album. They com from the Aman Valley, on the Western edge of what was once the South Wales Coldfield, and the spirit and wit of the mining community is evident in their music. They have represented Wales in International Festivals in Majorca, Portugal and Canada, and are well-known in all the Welsh Folk Festivals, including Pontardawe and Cnapan, and the National Eisteddfod, and appear regularly on TV in Wales.
This album contains their usual mix of traditional and original Welsh songs, together with Welsh adaptation of Irish songs, and their popular rendition of John Denver’s Annie’s Song. It also features composition by their lead singer Keri Morgan, and the multi-talented Gareth Gravelle.
- Pwy a'm Prioda i? / Nans o'r Felin / Difyrrwch Bleddyn ap Cynfyn / Glandyfi
- Rhosyn Gwyllt
- Gwenno Penygelli / Ffidl Ffadl
- Rîl Aman / Rîl Tawe
- Y Graith
- Hoffedd ap Hywel / Cwrw Da / Breuddwyd y Wrach
- Coed Glyn Cynon
- Jac-y-Do (Medli)
- Cân Annie
- Fy Machgen Gwyn / Rîl Dorset / Maesycrugiau
- Dim Ond yr Awel sy'n Rhydd
- Y Delyn
- Mari Fach
- Pibddawns Heol y Felin / Ymdaith Gwŷr Wrecsam