Robin Huw Bowen - Hen Aelwyd / Old Hearth
Another collection of harp tunes by the talented Robin Huw Bowen, who has taken the art of Triple-Harp playing to all parts of the globe.
The music and playing of Nansi richards has always been an influence on Robin Huw Bowen as a Welsh Triple Harpist, and he has always been aware of the depth of the unbroken harp tradition in Wales that Nansi and him are part of. But this time, in putting this album together, he has been inspired not just by Nansi’s music but also by her words as a poet. Her poem quoted here has been at the root of this collection.
Nansi’s playing is of course reflected here in both ‘Morfa’r Frenhines’ and ‘Y Dydd’, which, fully in keeping with tradition, he has set with new variations.
For variety’s sake, also included are several modern compositions, such as Delyth Evans’s dramatically lyrical ‘Mwynder Maldwyn’ and the profound harmonic and rhythmic complexities of Anne Morgan Jones’s Contemporary masterpiece ‘Llinyn Arian’.
Sit back, and think of Wales!
- Hen Aelwyd - Llif Ystwyth / Old Hearth - Ystwyth's Flow
- Morfa'r Frenhines / The Queen's Marsh
- Mwynder Maldwyn / The Gentleness of Montgomeryshire
- Y Dydd / The Day
- Dafydd y Garreg Wen - Ysgubor y Barwn / David of the White Rock - The Baron's Barn
- Hiraeth - Y Gwydr Glas / Hiraeth - The Grey Window-pane
- Y Llinyn Arian / The Thread of Life
- Hwylio Adref / Sailing Home
- Clychau'r Hen Wlad / The Bells of the Old Country
- Ffarwel fy Ieuenctid / Farewell to the Days of My Youth