CWMBACH MALE VOICE CHOIR - TAKE ME HOME
One of Wales’ foremost choirs, it has competed successfully not only in all major Welsh Eisteddfodau, but in international festivals including the Bela Bartok (Hungary), Catalonia, Cork, Limerick and Roodeporte (Johannesburg) festivals. Over the years, the choir has been privileged to sing with world-famous artistes such as Paul Robeson, Sir Geraint Evans, Stuart Burrows and Dame Gwyneth Jones, and with ensembles which include The Hallé Orchestra, The Blackdykes Mills Band, The Park and Dare Band and the South African Naval Band. The choir has performed in many of Britain’s foremost venues, ranging from Cathedrals to the Cardiff International Arena, and has been on concert tours to nine countries outside the UK. They also produced the learning tape for distribution to choirs worldwide in connection with the World Choir performance for 10,000 voices held at the National Stadium Cardiff. Its colourful and varied history is matched by its repertoire, ranging from hymns and spirituals to operatic choruses, from folk songs to songs from the musicals, and this variety is evident on the 7 CD’s currently available.
Among the choir’s proud ‘claims to fame’ are :
· the first Welsh choir to perform behind the ‘Iron Curtain’ (Hungary, 1961)
· the first choir to perform at the Arms Park before a rugby international
· selected to entertain the guests at the 1999 Rugby World Cup final dinner.
- MEDLEY-DIVINE BRAHMA/PEARL FISHERS
- THE PEARL FISHERS/DIVINE BRAHMA (medley)
- WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT MY MUSIC?
- YOU RAISE ME UP
- NESSUN DORMA
- WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
- TAKE ME HOME
- BUI DOI
- I'SE A WEARY OF WAITING
- ANGELS WATCHING OVER ME
- THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM
- WISHING YOU WERE SOMEHOW HERE AGAIN
- BACK TO THE 60'S (House of rising sun/Sealed with a kiss/He ai'nt heavy/Pretty flamingo/Silence is golden/How Do you do it/Da doo ron ron)