ELWYN JONES - 20 O'I GANEUON GORAU
The late Elwyn Jones sings his favourite gospel songs with power and compassion.
Elwyn Jones’ name is connected to two villages on the Lleyn Peninsula – Llanbedrog and Llanaelhaearn. He won the Blue Ribband at the National Eisteddfod in Llangefni in 1957. Ten years later, he recorded his first record on the Dryw label. Many recordings followed due to the high demand by people who loved his interpretation of hymns and religious songs. He became popular in concerts and at the traditional Welsh Cymanfa Ganu. Then, in 1977, he recorded an LP on the SAIN label.
With this new collection of his most popular songs, a new generation can enjoy his unique voice on CD for the first time.
Dafydd Iwan, Managing Director of SAIN Records, collated the songs with the co-operation of Wyn Thomas, Siop y Pentan, Carmarthen and Elwyn Jones’ widow, Mrs Catherine Mary Jones.
Dafydd Iwan said, “We know that thousands of people remember Elwyn Jones singing live at various concerts and eisteddfodau. We also know that, with this new collection, many more will enjoy listening to his voice for the first time. But one thing is certain – we will not hear a voice quite like Elwyn Jones ever again.”
- I GODI'R HEN WLAD YN EI HOL
- AR Y LAN
- GALW MAE'R IESU
- Y MAB AFRADLON
- NAC ILDIA I DEMTASIWN
- MI GLYWAF DYNER LAIS
- CAF NERTH YN OL Y DYDD (MI DEITHIAF TUA'R HYFRYD WLAD)
- DAETH IESU I'M CALON I FYW
- REGENT SQUARE (LLE MAE'R IESU GENNYT HEDDIW)
- A WELAIST TI'R DDAU? (TROYTE'S CHANT)
- WILKESBARRE (MAE CARCHARORION ANGAU)
- PENIEL (GELWAIST PEDR AC ANDREAS)
- TREGARTH (DILYNAF FY MUGAIL DRWY F'OES)
- NES I DRE' (TY FY NHAD)
- MYND YNO I FYW (MOR HYFRYD YW ENWI Y WLAD)
- OES, MAE MADDEUANT I TI (O TYN AT WAREDWR)
- CALFARI FRYN (MAE SON AM Y PRESEB)
- DWY ADEN COLOMEN
- DOWCH ADRE' FY NHAD
- GAIR FY ENW I LAWR?